Stat of the Day, 7th January 2014
Silent Knight was very well backed yesterday, as our 10/1 E/W shot was sent off at 5/1 on course.
He ran well enough, I suppose, but tired and faded late on to finish two places and seven lengths outside the money in fifth place.
If you thought yesterday’s racing was poor, today looks even worse, I’m afraid, but I might just have one for you in the…
Where I’ve just backed Renard Dirlande at 4/1 BOG with Boylesports and here’s why…
1. He’s trained by Venetia Williams, whose horses are in terrific form at the moment with 10 winners from 37 in the last fortnight and a place strike rate of over 43%.
2. Jockey Aidan Coleman has ridden 18 winners from 79 (22.8% SR) for over 25pts profit in the last month alone.
3. In 2012 & 2013, Miss Williams’ record at Leicester is 6 winners from 19 with all six winners coming in chase contests, where the record reads 6 wins from 14 (42.9% SR) for 6.98pts (+49.9% ROI). of those 14 runners, there is a record of 6/12 for 8.98pts with chasers priced at 5/1 or shorter.
4. Her overall record in Leicester chases is 21/65 (32.3% SR) for 8.53pts (+13.1% ROI), and with the 5/1 odds cap imposed: 21/48 (43.75% SR) for 25.53pts (+53.2% ROI) profit.
5. Renard Dirlande loves the soft ground he’ll face here today, on ground officially described as soft or heavy (or anywhere in between!) he has won twice and been placed four times from six efforts (412321) with a record of 2321 in chases.
All of which hopefully points to a successful 1pt win on Renard Dirlande at 4/1 BOG with Boylesports, but as always, you really should…