Stat of the Day, 20th October 2015
Monday’s Result :
4.00 Plumpton : Gone Too Far @ 11/4 BOG : 7th at 100/30 fav (Held up in touch, reminder after 8th, mistake 10th, lost place 3 out, well beaten before next, beaten by almost 37 lengths)
Tuesday’s selection runs in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Musical Taste at 11/2 BOG
- Trainer Philip McBride’s record in A/W handicaps since the start of 2008 stands at 36 winners from 262 (13.7% SR) for profits of 107.6pts (+41.1% ROI) with his female runners winning 20 of 140 (14.3% SR) for 66.6pts (+47.6% ROI).
In addition to that, his runners here at Wolverhampton are 15/94 (16% SR) for 70.8pts (+75.3% ROI), whilst his 2 yr olds are 7/36 (19.4% SR) for 26.1pts (+72.6% ROI).
- Horses aged 2 to 7 yrs old running in A/W handicaps of 5 to 13 runners, just 4 or 5 days after a defeat by 1 to 3 lengths are 69/265 (26% SR) for 159.7pts (+60.3% ROI) when sent off in the broad 13/8 to 10/1 odds range and running at a trip equal to or no more than a half-furlong different (up or down) to last time out.
- Philip McBride’s runners who run again 4 to 15 days after a top 4 finish last time out are 31.118 (26.3% SR) for 63.7pts (+54% ROI) since the start of 2010, with his Wolverhampton runners contributing 9 wins from 25 (36% SR) and 24pts profit at an ROI of 96%.
- Musical Taste is Philip’s only runner at this track today and since 2008, his solo runners are 79/557 (14.2% SR) for 176.6pts (+31.7% ROI), of which his female runners are 49/309 (15.9% SR) for 151.3pts (+49% ROI) and his 2 yr olds are 29/151 (19.2% SR) for 100.1pts (+66.3% ROI).
These lone travellers are also 16/85 (18.8% SR) for 61.7pts (+72.5% ROI) here at Wolverhampton and their record in nurseries is currently 13 wins from 46 (28.3% SR) for 59.5pts (+129.4% ROI).
- Jockey Danny Tudhope has won 19 of 72 races (26.4% SR) for 31.9pts (+44.2% ROI), when his mount has been sent off in the 10/1 to 13/2 odds range in a Wolverhampton A/W handicap.
And my recommended bet?
1pt win on Musical Taste at 11/2 BOG with 10Bet. You can also get this price at Bet365, but 10Bet offer refunds on a defeat by a head or less, but please…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day,
just click here for more details.
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS