Stat of the Day, 26th December 2015
Tuesday’s Result :
1.30 Southwell : Twin Appeal @ 7/2 BOG 5th at 11/4 (Slowly away, headway to go in touch over 4f out, effort over 2f out, faded final furlong)
Saturday’s runner goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Gunner Lindley @ 4/1 BOG
Well, trainer Stuart Coltherd is one of that small band of trainers who have been profitable to follow blindly in NH handicaps over the last five years.
The exact details are that he’s had 43 winners from 296 runners (14.5% SR) and level stakes profits of 149.6pts at an impressive ROI of 50.5% from a simple bet and forget strategy. The figures could, of course be improved and you could do this via any one or more of the following eight angles…
- male runners are 36/238 (15.1% SR) for 142.6pts (+59.9% ROI)
- those with an OR of 88 to 120 : 34/196 (17.4% SR) for 174.3pts (+88.9% ROI)
- those who last ran 6 to 25 days ago : 28/165 (17% SR) for 128.9pts (+78.1% ROI)
- 5 to 8 yr olds are 28/160 (17.5% SR) for 117.6pts (+73.5% ROI)
- those running in the NE of England : 19/104 (18.3% SR) for 73.4pts (+70.6% ROI)
- those ridden by a 7lb claimer are 15/103(14.6% SR) for 84.5pts (+82% ROI)
- those who finished 3rd to 6th last time out are 18/102 (17.7% SR) for 136.3pts (+133.7% ROI)
- runners here at Sedgefield are 5/26 (19.2% SR) for 24.8pts (+95.5% ROI)
And my recommended bet, based on my data and prices available at 11.00pm is…
A 1pt win bet on Gunner Lindley and that’s at 4/1 BOG with Betfair Sportsbook, but the same BOG price is available with Bet365 and BetVictor, whilst Ladbrokes will go BOG in the morning so I advise you to…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day,
just click here for more details.
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS