Thursday’s Result :
3.25 Southwell : The Lock Master @ 5/1 BOG 5th at 3/1 (Raced wide, tracked leaders, ridden along over 4f out, faded final furlong)
Friday’s runner goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Perfect Cracker @ 5/1 BOG
Since the start of 2008, Clive Cox’s A/W handicappers priced in the 11/4 to 14/1 bracket are 51/325 (15.7% SR) for 157.4pts (+48.4% ROI), broken down with today’s race in focus as follows…
- competing for a prize less than £10,000 : 50/311 (16.1% SR) for 160.4pts (+51.6% ROI)
- running over 5 to 11 furlongs : 49/278 (17.6% SR) for 188.4pts (+67.8% ROI)
- carrying 9-1 to 9-10 : 33/186 (17.7% SR) for 91.3pts (+49.1% ROI)
- ridden by Adam Kirby : 23/135 (17% SR) for 68.2pts (+50.5% ROI)
- here at Wolverhampton :15/90 (16.7% SR) for 53.8pts (+59.8% ROI)
- on Tapeta : 11/41 (26.8% SR) for 48.1pts (+117.3% ROI)
Jockey Adam Kirby has enjoyed plenty of success here too, winning on 33 of the 152 (21.7% SR) mounts priced at 13/8 to 12/1 over the last year and level stakes profits of 24.6pts equate to a reasonable return of 16.2% of stakes invested.
Perfect Cracker is Clive’s only runner at this meeting today and on the occasions when sending just one runner to a track, that strategy has paid dividends on 74 of 438 (15.2% SR) occasions since the start of 2013, generating 68.6pts (+14.1% ROI) profit, with the following hopefully of as much interest to you, as it is to me…
- handicappers are 44/307 (14.3% SR) for 70.1pts (+22.8% ROI)
- males are 47/286 (16.4% SR) for 74.5pts (+26.1% ROI)
- those running at 7 to 10f are 39/241 (16.2% SR) for 95.3pts (+39.5% ROI)
- those ridden by Adam Kirby are 32/179 (17.9% SR) for 34.4pts (+19.2% ROI)
- Class 4 runners are 23/147 (15.7% SR) for 53.7pts (+36.5% ROI)
- those running here at Wolverhampton are 10/47 (21.3% SR) for 18.9pts (+40.1% ROI)
- those running on Tapeta are 10/40 (25% SR) for 25.9pts (+64.7% ROI)
Perfect Cracker is also Clive’s only runner of the day anywhere and since the start of 2013, his sole runners are 40/233 (17.2% SR) for 82.9pts (+35.6% ROI) broken down, once again, as follows…
- handicappers are 25/148 (16.9% SR) for 88.5pts (+59.8% ROI)
- males are 24/135 (17.8% SR) for 54pts (+40% ROI)
- those running at 7 to 10f are 21/121 (17.4% SR) for 82.1pts (+67.8% ROI)
- those ridden by Adam Kirby are 18/94 (19.2% SR) for 10.9pts (+11.6% ROI)
- Class 4 runners are 13/75 (17.3% SR) for 57.5pts (+76.7% ROI)
- those running here at Wolverhampton are 6/31 (19.4% SR) for 15.1pts (+48.8% ROI)
- those running on Tapeta are 6/26 (23.1% SR) for 20.1pts (+77.4% ROI)
All of which hopefully point towards another strong performance from Perfect Cracker who will be seeking to improve upon his record of winning three times from just eight efforts over course and distance, including a win last time out 30 days ago.
And my recommended bet, based on my data and prices available at 7.55pm is…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS