Wednesday’s Result :
4.35 Carlisle : Captain Redbeard @ 11/4 BOG 4th at 3/1 (Chased leaders, front pair clear 5th, went 2nd before jumping left 2 out, no chance with winner, lost 2 places on flat)
Thursday’s runner goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Bosham @ 5/1 BOG
If you want a quick and easy, yet profitable way of backing horses on the A/W, you could do worse than blindly backing Mick Easterby’s male handicappers. Since the start of 2009, these runners have won 92 of 550 races (16.7% SR) for 161.2pts level stakes profits at an ROI of 29.3% and those are tremendous figures indeed.
But using those numbers in respect of this particular race shows us that Mick’s runners are strong in these contests, as they are…
- 74/469 (15.8% SR) for 164.3pts (+35% ROI) carrying 8-6 to 9-9
- 81/445 (18.2% SR) for 200.9pts (+45.2% ROI) running 4 to 60 days after their last effort
- 67/394 (17% SR) for 124.8pts (+31.7% ROI) on Polytrack
- 46/289 (15.9% SR) for 153.2pts (+53% ROI) in fields of 11 to 13 runners
- 19/99 (19.2% SR) for 79.5pts (+80.3% ROI) as 6yr olds
- 6/29 (20.7% SR) for 14.6pts (+50.5% ROI) ridden by Nathan Evans
- 4/16 (25% SR) for 5.9pts (+36.7% ROI) here at Chelmsford
And in Bosham, the team have a horse well suited to conditions faced here. His overall record of 7 wins from 32 is decent enbough, but closer inspection of his record shows he’s never been out of the first four home from nine starts on the A/W, winning six of the nine! And from that 6 from 9 record, he has achieved the following…
- 5 from 8 in blinkers
- 4 from 7 with today’s jockey
- 4 from 6 in fields of 8 to 12 runners
- 3 from 5 here at Chelmsford
- 3 from 5 as a 6yr old
- 3 from 4 with a tongue tie
- 3 from 4 at this trip
- 3 from 4 carrying less than 9-0
- 3 from 4 in blinkers and tongue tied
And my recommended bet, based on the above data and prices available at 7.15pm is…
A 1pt bet on Bosham and that’s at 5/1 BOG pretty much everywhere, so to pick your preferred bookie…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS