Tuesday’s Result :
4.10 Exeter : Renard @ 11/4 BOG 2nd at 11/4 (Led, headed after 5 out, soon ridden and lost place, outpaced in 4th next, rallied 2 out, stayed on to chase winner flat, held towards finish)
Wednesday’s runner goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Ballista @ 7/2 BOG
This 8 yr old gelding is a former course and distance winner here and represents the in-form yard of Tom Dascombe, who have had three winners from their last seven runners (2 from 4 under today’s jockey Richard Kingscote).
The Dascombe string are 52/240 (21.7% SR) for 65.1pts (+27.1% ROI) here at Lingfield since the start of 2008 and those 240 runners have also achieved the following results…
- 42/167 for 93.6pts under Richard Kingscote
- 36/148 for 77.6pts over trips of 5 to 7 furlongs
- 30/122 for 54.6pts in non-handicaps
- 40/108 for 30.6pts at odds of 9/2 and shorter
- 21/61 for 47.5pts at Class 6
In addition to the trainer’s own decent record, there is a more general and possibly less well known stat to support this selection today. Since the start of 2008, former course and distance winning male runners rated 55 to 85 carrying top weight in claimers/sellers over 5 to 9.5 furlongs are 213/715 (29.8% SR) for 139.1pts (+19.35% ROI) profits, of which…
- Class 6 runners are 194/637 for 127.9pts
- those priced below 10/1 are 209/608 for 110.6pts
- those runners aged 7 and over are 98/339 for 134.4pts
- in claimer races : 92/291 for 103.9pts
- those trained by Tom Dascombe are 5/10 for 4.7pts
- those ridden by Richard Kingscote are 4/10 for 2.26pts
So today’s play is…a 1pt win bet on Ballista at 7/2 BOG, a price available with Betbright, BetVictor, Bet365 & Paddy Power at 9.00pm, so to take your pick of the pack, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS