Tuesday’s Result :
2.25 Sedgefield : Runswick Relax @ 7/2 BOG WON at 15/8 (Made all, clear before 2 out, kept on strongly, eased down unchallenged and still won by 19 lengths!)
Wednesday’s runner goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Symphony of Pearls @ 9/2 BOG
Trained by Dai Burchell, whose NH handicappers priced at 13/2 and shorter are 39/134 (29.1% SR) for 71.8pts (+53.6% ROI) since the start of 2008, broken down as follows…
- those last seen 1-20 days ago are 24/72 (33.33% SR) for 59.6pts (+82.8% ROI)
- hurdlers are 20/68 (29.4% SR) for 44.7pts (+65.7% ROI)
- Class 4 runners are 18/63 (28.6% SR) for 32.8pts (+52.1% ROI)
- those competing at trips of 16.5 to 19.5 furlongs are 19/54 (35.2% SR) for 60.4pts (+111.8% ROI)
- on soft ground : 10/24 (41.7% SR) for 31.6pts (+131.8% ROI)
- those ridden by a 7lb claimer are 8/23 (34.8% SR) for 21.8pts (+94.8% ROI)
- 5 yr olds are 7/16 (43.75% SR) for 19.2pts (+120.1% ROI)
- females are 6/15 (40% SR) for 23pts (+153.5% ROI)
- and here at Bangor : 1/2 (50% SR) for 1.8pts (+90% ROI)
Symphony of Pearls has been raised 5lbs for a 3.25 length success at Stratford last time out (11 days ago) on soft ground over today’s trip and with today’s jockey having a 2lb higher claim than that last run, an overall rise of 3lbs shouldn’t be too much of an issue in favourable conditions.
That run took the horse’s form over her last 6 runs to 324571, making her one of my back to form hurdlers I like to back. What I look for is handicap hurdlers who won LTO 11 to 30 days ago after 3 or more consecutive unplaced efforts. Since the start of 2012, such runners are 119/569 (20.9% SR) for 190.8pts at a decent ROI of 33.5% and as a standalone micro-system, it works really well.
Those numbers alone would justify today’s pick, but I’m aware that not everyone wants 130+ selections per year from one micro, so we can break those 569 runners down as follows…
- 5 to 10 yr olds are 114/525 (21.7% SR) for 216.7pts (+41.3% ROI)
- Class 3 to 5 runners are 114/513 (22.2% SR) for 198pts (+38.6% ROI)
- those priced at 11/4 to 11/1 are 100/450 922.2% SR) for 155.9pts (+34.7% ROI)
- those who won more than a neck to 4 lengths LTO are 66/316 (20.9% SR) for 172.1pts (+54.5% ROI)
- those racing over 15.5f to 17f are 41/189 (21.7% SR) for 46.7pts (+24.7% ROI)
- on soft ground, they are 37/141 (26.2% SR) for 49.3pts (+35% ROI)
- femailes are 22/100 922% SR) for 30.2pts (+30.2% ROI)
So the call is…a 1pt win bet on Symphony of Pearls at 9/2 BOG with any one of around half a dozen firms with that price. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS