Wednesday’s Result :
7.40 Newton Abbot : Native Robin @ 4/1 BOG still to run (report to follow later).
Thursday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Slidecheck at 4/1 BOG.
This 9yr old gelding was beaten in each of his first ten starts until being partnered with today’s jockey Adam Wedge, but he now comes here having completed a hat-trick of wins taking his career tally to a far more respectable 3/13.
He won those three races in pretty close succession and has now been allowed a couple of months rest before resuming hostilities today and his 3/13 record seems to fit well within the parameters of today’s contest, as he is now…
- 3/9 in cheekpieces
- 3/7 since the move to Alex Dunn’s yard
- 3/4 when priced at 7/1 or shorter
- 3/3 under Adam Wedge
- 1/1 here at Bangor
- 1/1 at this trip
- and as a result of the above, 1/1 over course and distance when he won here by 5 lengths two starts ago.
As mentioned briefly above, he’s trained by Alex Dunn, a relatively “new” name in NH racing, but she has already proved that she’s no mug with 16 handicap chase winners since the start of 2014 at a strike rate of 16% from exactly 100 runners, generating 42.5pts (+42.5% ROI) profits in the process.
In the context of this contest, that century of handicap chasers are…
- 10/40 (25% SR) for 64pts (+160% ROI) at the ages of 9 & 10
- 6/38 (15.8% SR) for 46pts (+121% ROI) on good ground
- 6/36 (16.7% SR) for 51.8pts (+144% ROI) off a break of 26-120 days
- 12/30 (40% SR) for 27.9pts (+93% ROI) priced in the 2/1 to 11/2 range
- 5/21 (23.8% SR) for 3.29pts (+15.6% ROI) under Adam Wedge
- 6/18 (33.3% SR) for 7.08pts (+39.3% ROI) from LTO winners
- and 2/4 here at Bangor for profits of 6.32pts (+158.1% ROI)
And so the call is…a 1pt win bet on Slidecheck at 4/1 BOG which was available with around 10 bookies at 6.25pm. Those of you not yet restricted by Betway can get 9/2, but that isn’t BOG until morning and to see what your preferred firm is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS