Tuesday’s Result :
5.30 Fontwell : Dragoon Guard @ 7/2 BOG 3rd at 9/4 (Mid-division, headway approaching 6th, close up 2 out, stayed on same pace flat)
Wednesday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Bargain Buy at 3/1 BOG
This 3yr old filly has made an excellent start to her fledgling career, finishing 121 in three starts, with her sole defeat coming by just half a length as she was staying on over a shorter trip than today. She won in a similar Good to Firm, one mile contest last time out and with just a 3lb weight rise to contend with, she should go well again today for trainer William Haggas, whose runners tend to go well here on the East Coast.
In fact Mr Haggas’ record here in handicap contests stands at 23 winners from 60 (38.3% SR) for level stakes profits of 60.1pts at an attractive ROI of 100.2%, and of those 60 runners…
- those with less than 6 career runs to date are 21/45 (46.7% SR) for 58.8pts (+130.6% ROI)
- in fields of 10 runners or less : 19/44 (43.2% SR) for 61.4pts (+139.6% ROI)
- at Classes 3 to 5 : 18/473 (41.9% SR) for 62.8pts (+146.1% ROI)
- 3 yr olds are 15/38 (39.5% SR) for 16.7pts (+44% ROI)
- females are 13/29 (44.8% SR) for 39pts (+134.5% ROI)
- on good to firm ground : 12/28 (42.9% SR) for 26.3pts (+93.7% ROI)
- LTO winners are 10/17 (58.8% SR) for 19.5pts (+115% ROI)
- over this 1m course and distance : 10/20 (50% SR) for 17.9pts (+89.5% ROI)
…meaning today’s play is a 1pt win bet on Bargain Buy at 3/1 BOG with either of Bet365 or BetVictor, who were the market leaders at 6.30pm. For the other firms’ prices, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS