Tuesday’s Result :
2.45 Catterick : Chant @ 11/4 non-BOG 3rd at 6/4 (Tracked leaders in 3rd, went 2nd over 3f out, ridden over 1f out, challenged inside final furlong, no extra and beaten by a length and a half)
Wednesday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Sandy Cove at 3/1 BOG
This 5 yr old gelding has 3 wins and a place in his last five outings, so he’s clearly in form and was a winner over today’s course and distance last time out, four weeks ago.
The main things I picked up when looking at his suitability for today were…
- that he is 6/18 after a break of 16 to 45 days
- he’s 3/10 under today’s jockey Ryan Tate
- he has 2 wins from 3 over trips of 1m 5.5f to 1m 6f
- his record at Yarmouth stands at a win and a place from two runs
- and he’s 1 from 1 over track and trip.
In addition to the above, he was sired by Oasis Dream, whose offspring are 47/348 (13.5% SR) for 75pts (+21.6% ROI) in handicaps over 1m 3f to 1m 6f since 2008, with the following of relevance/interest today…
- 3 to 6 yr olds are 43/314 (13.7%) for 85.6pts (+27.3%)
- on the Flat : 27/198 (13.6%) for 56.2pts (+28.4%)
- at Class 5 : 15/105 (14.3%) for 88.8pts (+84.6%)
- on Good ground : 11/73 (15.1%) for 77.7pts (+106.4%)
- and here at Yarmouth : 3/8 (37.5%) for 7.96pts (+99.5%)
…and so, it’s… a 1pt win bet on Sandy Cove at 3/1 BOG from any of the half dozen or so firms quoting the same price at 6.35pm and to see your preferred bookies’ odds, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS