Friday’s Result :
2.20 Sandown : Fabric @ 11/2 BOG non-runner (withdrawn at the start at 14.23 on Vet’s advice, as the filly was found to have blood in the nostrils.)
Saturday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Serengeti Sky at 11/4 BOG
A triple-pronged stat attack for you today regarding this two year old colt, who makes his third start and handicap debut after a decent staying-on third on debut over 6f at Newbury five weeks ago, before stepping up to this 7f trip to win at Epsom by three lengths eased down 12 days later.
1. He’s trained by Charlie Appleby, who is having an excellent Flat season with 42 winners from 183 (23% SR) for 65.1pts (+35.6% ROI) profit so far, including…
- 2 yr olds are 17/50 (34%) for 10.66pts (+21.32%)
- LTO winners are 9/46 (19.6%) for 23.8pts (+51.7%)
- at the 7f trip : 12/42 (28.6%) for 32.8pts (+78.2%)
- in nurseries : 1/1 (100%) for 4.09pts (+409%)
2. And more long-term, Charlie’s record here at Sandown reads : 9/50 (18% SR) for 11.22pts (+22.44% ROI), with the following of relevance / interest today…
- males : 9/43 (20.9%) for 18.22pts (+42.4%)
- at 7/1 and shorter : 8/33 (24.2%) for 6.86pts (+20.8%)
- 11-45 dslr : 8/26 (30.8%) for 33.5pts (+128.7%)
- on Good to Firm : 5/25 (20%) for 17.44pts (+69.8%)
- LTO winners : 5/18 (27.8%) for 7.1pts (+39.5%)
- 2 yr olds are 5/17 (29.4%) for 16.8pts (+98.9%)
- over 7f : 4/12 (33.3%) for 19.2pts (+159.9%)
- and those ridden by James Doyle are 2/6 (33.3%) for 10.39pts (+173.2%)
3. And Charlie’s 2-4 yr old handicap debutants are 48/193 (24.9% SR) for 14.8pts (+7.67% ROI), with the following profitable angles at play today…
- those priced at 8/1 and shorter : 48/170 (28.2%) for 37.8pts (+22.2%)
- in fields of 5-10 runners : 36/131 (27.5%) for 20.7pts (+15.8%)
- LTO winners : 33/108 (30.6%) for 21pts (+19.4%)
- at Class 4 : 22/76 (29%) for 19.2pts (+25.3%)
- in July/August : 19/58 (32.8%) for 33.48pts (+57.7%)
- 21-45 dslr : 19/53 (35.8%) for 37.1pts (+70%)
- under James Doyle : 4/11 (36.4%) for 16.4pts (+148.7%)
- and here at Sandown : 2/7 (28.6%) for 5.31pts (+75.8%)
…pointing me to… a 1pt win bet on Serengeti Sky at 11/4 BOG, which was available in more than half a dozen places at 6.55pm (and still in 4 places 6 hours later) and to see your preferred bookies’ odds, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS