Thursday’s Result :
3.40 Hereford : Satanic Beat @ 6/1 BOG 3rd at 5/1 (In touch, headway 3 out to chase leaders, ridden in 3rd before last, kept on same pace)
Friday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Rich Again at 11/2 BOG
Trainer James Bethell’s horses have won 3 of their 7 races over the last fortnight and are 2 from 4 in the last 7 days. His last five runners here at Newcastle have finished 13101 and he’ll be confident of extending his record in A/W handicaps which currently stands at 24 winners from 160 (15% SR) for profits of 38.9pts at an ROI of 24.3% since the start of 2010.
Of those 160 runners…
- those last seen 6-45 days ago are 24/122 (19.7%) for76.9pts (+63.1%)
- those priced at 9/4 to 10/1 are 19/96 (19.8%) for 40.1pts (+41.7%)
- on Tapeta : 10/34 (29.4%) for 24.2pts (+71%)
- those ridden by PJ McDonald are 4/22 (22.2%) for 11.4pts (+63.2%)
- 7 yr olds are 6/19 (31.6%) for 22.3pts (+117.2%)
- and here at Newcastle, they are 3/6 (50% SR) for 13.8pts (+230.4% ROI).
And in Rich Again, he has a runner who should be well suited by the job in hand tonight, as he comes here in good nick (1741 in his last 4 runs), having won in this grade over course and distance last time out, 7 days ago.
He’s 9 from 29 (31% SR) on the All Weather to date, including the following of relevance tonight…
- 5/15 (33.3%) at Class 4
- 3/10 (30%) wearing blinkers
- 3/9 (33.3%) this year
- 2/6 (33.3%) over 5f
- 2/6 (33.3%) i fields of 12-15 runners
- 2/5 (40%) under PJ McDonald
- and 1/1 here at Newcastle, courtesy of that C&D win under today’s jockey last time out.
…giving rise to…a 1pt win bet on Rich Again at 11/2 BOG, from Betfair Sports, who led the fledgling market at 5.30pm on Thursday, but to see your preferred bookies’ odds, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS