Tuesday’s Result :
2.50 Southwell : Royal Holiday @ 11/4 BOG 4th at 4/1 Prominent, led entering final 3f, ridden and headed over 2f out, kept on one pace and lost 2 places inside final furlong.
Wednesday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Timekeeping @ 5/2 BOG
Towards the bottom end of my preferred odds range for SotD, but this 3yr old colt ticks so many statistical boxes here that I found it difficult to overlook him.
Firstly, he comes from a thriving Saeed bin Suroor yard that has had 10 winners from 30 (33.3% SR) in the past month and is 3/8 (37.5%) over the last fortnight, so I’m already interested in Saeed’s only runner of the day.
Then we add in his record at Kempton, where since 2009, his runners are 110/367 (30% SR) for 105.2pts (+28.7% ROI) profit, including of relevance today…
- 41/143 (28.7%) for 61.9pts (+43.3%) in handicaps
- 41/137 (29.9%) for 26.3pts (+19.2%) at Class 4
- 21/79 (26.6%) for 18.8pts (+23.8%) in Class 4 handicaps
- and 3/5 (60%) for 8.5pts (+170%) over 2 miles.
And if that’s not enough to send you to place a bet, today is Timekeeping‘s 2nd effort in a handicap and since 2012 the Suroor “second timers” are 45/171 (26.3% SR) for 85.6pts (+50.1% ROI), including…
- 15 wins from 61 (24.6%) from those stepping up in trip for profits of 23.8pts (+39% ROI)
- 13 from 51 (25.5%) at Class 4 for 13.1pts (+25.7%)
- 7 from 23 (30.4%) for 42.5pts (+184.8%) here at Kempton
- and 1 from 2 for 3.75pts (+187.5%) over this 2m trip.
And for those of you wanting/needing more, there’s plenty, but I’ll leave it after this next one!
As a 3 yr old in a 3yo+ handicap, Timekeeping will get an 8lb weight for age allowance and Saeed bin Suroor is a master at exploiting this weight loophole. On the A/W over trips of 1m2f and beyond (the allowance increases with trip!) since the start of 2014, his 3 yr olds are 10/28 (35.7%) for 17.2pts (+61.4%), including…
- 5/12 (41.7%) for 13pts (+108.5%) here at Kempton
- 4/9 (44.4%) for 13.5pts (+150%) at Class 4
- and 2/4 (50%) for 1.2pts (+30%) over 2m/2m0.5f
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Timekeeping at 5/2 BOG which was offered by a dozen firms including my preferred Bet365 at 6.00pm on Tuesday. To see your preferred bookies’ odds, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS