Wednesday’s Result :
1.05 Taunton : Stay Out Of Court @ 11/4 BOG 2nd at 3/1 Chased leaders, went 2nd 5th until 3 out, chased leaders, battling for modest 2nd place from 2 out, no chance with winner
Thursday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Midnight Jade @ 5/2 BOG
Relatively short and sweet for a change!
An 8yr old mare who has taken to chasing like a duck to water, 5 runs over the last 45 weeks or so have resulted in finishes of 12421, ending in a win LTO at Southwell a month ago.
Of her five chase starts to date, relevant facts include…
- 2 wins and 2 places 10-40 days since her last run
- 2 wins and a runner-up finish under today’s jockey Lee Edwards
- 1 win and a runner-up from two efforts at this Class 5 grade (although she’s the same record at Class 4!)
- 2 wins from 2 runs in the December to February period.
She’s trained by John Groucott, who might not be the most prolific or well known trainer, but he does well with his handicappers with the market usually a good barometer of his chances, as since 2009, his NH handicappers at odds of 7/1 and shorter (ie SotD territory!) are 15/44 (34.1% SR) for 36.9pts (+83.9% ROI) profit, with the following of note today…
- chasers are 13/36 (36.1%) for 34.2pts (+95%)
- at Class 5 : 4/15 (26.7%) for 9.33pts (+62.2%)
- LTO winners are 4/14 (28.6%) for 1.7pts (+12.1%)
- females are 3/9 (33.3%) for 12.57pts (+139.7%)
- over 2m4f : 3/5 (60%) for 10.46pts (+209.3%)
- here at Leicester : 2/4 (50%) for 6.66pts (+166.7%)
- and those ridden by Lee Edwards are 2/3 (66.7%) for 10.92pts (+364.1%)
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Midnight Jade @ 5/2 BOG which was offered by a dozen firms at 6.45pm on Wednesday, so we should all be able to get on! To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS