Saturday’s Result :
3.20 Uttoxeter : Kayfleur @ 5/2 BOG fell at 2/1 Held up in touch, tracked leaders 7th, went 2nd 5 out until outpaced after next, 3rd and looked held when fell 3 out
Monday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Royal Salute @ 5/2 BOG
This 7 yr old gelding is in top form at present, finishing 161231 in his last six outings, of which 61231 is his record since the switch to chasing. Conditions look set to suit him today, as from that 2/5 record over fences, he is 2/3 over soft ground and was a winner last time out a fortnight ago over this course and distance on similar ground under today’s jockey at this same grade.
Further assistance comes in the retention of the blinkers he wore for the first time during that race and he seeks to improve an already very impressive record of trainer Anthony Honeyball, whose NH handicappers are 95/454 (20.9% SR) since the start of 2010 and a straight £10 bet on each of them (no filtering!) would have netted you a cool £2040 profit at an ROI of some 44.9%.
That’s just from blindly backing all of Anthony’s handicappers, but if you wanted to reduce the number of bets, here are nine (yes, just nine!) profitable angles for you to consider, all of which are relevant/pertinent to today’s race…
- 5-10 yr olds are 92/418 (22%) for 225.1pts (+53.8%)
- those rated (OR) 85 to 135 are 90/384 (23.4%) for 196.3pts (+51.1%)
- males are 58/280 (20.7%) for 142.3pts (+50.8%)
- chasers are 36/189 (19.1%) for 53.7pts (+28.4%)
- at Class 4, it’s 44/183 (24%) for 84.7pts (+46.3%)
- using a jockey’s 3lb claim : 24/102 (23.5%) for 17.2pts (+16.8%)
- on Soft ground : 22/87 (25.3%) for 77.5pts (+89%)
- those ridden by the talented Harry Cobden are 20/78 (25.6%) for 43.8pts (+56.1%)
- and those who ran in the previous 6 to 15 days are 17/74 (23%) for 57.2pts (+77.3%)
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Royal Salute @ 5/2 BOG which was widely available at 5.45pm on Sunday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS