Thursday’s Result :
2.45 Towcester: What A Diva @ 100/30 BOG WON at 6/1 Close up, challenged before 2 out, led last, kept on under pressure, held on near finish to win by 0.75 lengths.
Friday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Actinpieces @ 4/1 BOG
This 6yr old mare has finished 1P2 in her last three efforts over fences with a soft ground win over 3m 0.5f followed by two excusable (to me, anyway!) defeats. She was pulled up 4 out in a Grade 3 contest, where she was fairly clearly out of her depth but gave a good account of herself before being outpaced late on last time out.
She was headed late on and went down by a neck over what looks an inadequate 2.5 miles and the step back up in trip allied to suitable race conditions should see her in a better light.
I say suitable race conditions because to date she is…
- 4/13 under Gina Andrews, 4/11 going left handed and 4/8 in fields of 1-7 runners
- 3/7 after a break of 16-30 days, 4/6 when priced below 5/1 and 3/3 on soft ground
- 1 from 1 at Class 3 and also 1/1 here at Catterick
She’s trained by Pam Sly, who doesn’t have a large number of chasers, but has saddled up 11 winners from 43 (25.6% SR) for level stakes profits of 65.9pts (+153.2% ROI) over the last four years, including of relevance today…
- handicap chasers : 10/34 (29.4%) for 70.6pts (+207.8%)
- those in the top 6 LTO are 9/31 (29%) for 33.2pts (+107%)
- those running 11-25 days since last seen are 8/26 (30.8%) for 33.8pts (+129.9%)
- on Soft ground : 6/14 (42.9%) for 32.6pts (+232.8%)
- at odds of 5/2 to 11/2 : 7/11 (63.6%) for 27.4pts (+249.4%)
- at Class 3 : 4/11 (36.4%) for 18pts (+163.6%)
- and her 6yr olds are 3/8 (37.5%) for 14.7pts (+183.4%)
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Actinpieces @ 4/1 BOG which was available from BetVictor and/or Hills at 6.00pm on Thursday with plenty of more than acceptable 7/2 BOG elsewhere. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS