Monday’s Result :
4.45 Ayr : Shades of Midnight @ 3/1 BOG 3rd at 9/4 Tracked leaders, led before 3 out, headed last, kept on and lost 2nd place close home, beaten by little more than half a length
Tuesday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Picansort @ 4/1 BOG
Trainer Peter Crate’s A/W handicappers priced at 14/1 and shorter, backed blindly have 21 wins from 116 (18.1% SR) for level stakes profits of 42.7pts at an ROI of some 36.8%, which is more than decent and in respect of this contest, those runners are…
- 21/112 (18.75%) for 46.7pts (+41.7%) on Polytrack
- 15/77 (19.5%) here at Lingfield fpr 37.8pts (+49.1%)
- 12/74 (16.2%) for 17.6pts (+23.8%) ridden by Shane Kelly
- 16/65 (24.6%) for 48.8pts (+75.1%) over the 5f minimum trip
- and 12 from 50 (24%) for 21.9pts (+43.8%) in the February to April period
Peter couldn’t be better represented today than by the 10 yr old gelding, Picansort, a 7 times (yes, seven!) course and distance winner, who not only also has an excellent overall A/W record, but does appear to have his favoured conditions here to boot!
In fact, this horse has 10 wins from 58 (17.2% SR) on the A/W, rewarding followers with profits of 14.5pts at an ROI of 25%, and under today’s conditions, those 58 races have produced the following…
- 8/50 (16%) for 13.3pts (+26.7%) going left handed
- 8/48 (16.7%) for 16.6pts (+34.6%) whilst at Peter Crate’s yard
- 8/47 (17%) for 16.3pts (+34.8%) here at Lingfield
- 8/41 (19.5%) for 23.6pts (+57.5%) with Shane Kelly in the saddle
- 9/37 (24.3%) for 31.4pts (+84.9%) in 5f sprints
- 7/28 (25%) for 31.3pts (+111.7%) over this Lingfield 5f course and distance
- 8/23 (34.8%) for 14/1pts (+61.1%) when priced at 5/1 and shorter
- and 6 from 19 (31.6%) for 24.3pts (+127.7%) when wearing blinkers.
And if that’s not quite enough to persuade/tempt you, a glance at our racecard for this race shows that he’s top of the Speed Ratings and if you back our top-rated blindly in 5f races, you make a profit, as explained better/in more detail here in the Gold Forum.
…and that’s why I’ve placed…a 1pt win bet on Picansort @ 4/1 BOG which was widely available at 6.00pm on Monday and to see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all returns quoted are to Betfair SP, as (i) I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you and (ii) although inferior to the BOG odds we secure, BFSP is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns quoted.