Wednesday’s Result :
2.00 Southwell : Treaty of Rome @ 5/1 BOG WON at 9/2 Tracked leaders, ridden to press leaders from over 1f out, driven to lead towards finish to win by a neck
Thursday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Fast Track @ 5/1 BOG
A 6 yr old gelding who has won once and placed on two other occasions from his three runs here at Wolverhampton with a win and a place from two cracks at this course and distance, both under today’s jockey Philip Makin.
He’s trained by David Barron, whose runners are 51/251 (20.3% SR) for 122.8pts (+48.9% ROI) here at Wolverhampton, inclduing the following of interest/relevance today…
- over 5f to 8.5f : 44/221 (19.9%) for 123.1pts (+55.7%)
- males are 46/192 (24%) for 159.9pts (+83.3%)
- in handicaps : 35/182 (19.2%) for 71.9pts (39.5%)
- on tapeta : 11/74 (14.9%) for 37pts (+50%)
- 6 yr olds are 9/31 (29%) for 9.1pts (+29.3%)
- and those ridden by Philip Makin are 9/30 (30%) for 15.4pts (+51.4%)
More generally the Barron / Makin / 5-6f sprinter angle is worth 54 winners from 244 (22.1% SR) for 138.4pts (+56.7% ROI) since the start of 2009, of which those running on the All-Weather are 23/73 (31.5%) for 36.9pts (+50.5%) with a record here at Wolverhampton of 5 from 13 (38.5%) for 18.44pts (+141.8%).
And finally, Fast Track is David’s only runner of the day and since 2010, when represented by just one horse, he’s had 93 winners from 501 (18.6% SR) for 165.2pts (+33% ROI), including…
- males @ 75/395 (19%) for 169.7pts (+43%)
- on the A/W : 41/188 (21.8%) for 36.1pts (+19.2%)
- at Class 3 : 11/80 (13.75%) for 25.6pts (+32%)
- here at Wolverhampton : 19/78 (24.4%) for 70.2pts (+90%)
- and those ridden by Philip Makin are 13/55 (23.6%) for 14pts (+25.4%)
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Fast Track @ 5/1 BOG which was available from Betway, Bet365, Hills & BetVictor at 6.45pm on Wednesday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats are to Betfair SP, as (i) I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you and (ii) although inferior to the BOG odds we secure, BFSP is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns quoted.