14:00 Carlisle: Lord Ballim @ 11/4 BOG 1st at 5/2 Held up behind, headway 8th, led after 3 out, soon clear, kept on strongly
Thursday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Yeeoow @ 11/2
Yeeoow hasn’t been in the winners enclosure since last August at Goodwood, but he is a decent horse on his day and I am hopeful that he takes to the surface here at Southwell, as this is his first encounter of it.
If he is feeling on form, then this is not a race that will take a lot of winning, and he definitely has what it takes.
The following stats are applicable here.
- trainer Karl Burke for thelast 30 days is 5/22 (22.73%) for 6.75pts
- at this course over the past five years he is 19/85 (22.35%) for 80.91pts
- on all weather surfaces he is 30/273 (10.99%) for 1.24pts
- jockey Joey Haynes for the past 14 days is 2/9 (22.22%) for 6pts
- at this course over the past five years he is 12/114 (10.53%) for 32.53pts
- Yeeoow’s sire, Roman Emperor with 4yo+ is 44/434 (10.14%) for 8.51pts
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Yeeoow @ 11/2 BOG which was available from Skybet at 19:o5 on Wednesday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats are to Betfair SP, as (i) I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you and (ii) although inferior to the BOG odds we secure, BFSP is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns quoted.