16:50 Southwell: Yeeoow @ 11/2 BOG 4th at 5/1 Led 1f, remained prominent, pushed along halfway, weakened 2f out
Thursday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Hammer Gun @ 11/4
Hammer Gun has been in scintillating form having won four in a row. Consequently, he has shot up the handicap, however the manner in which he claimed his latest victory suggests there is plenty more to come, and a further six pound rise doesn’t look like it will be enough to stop him.
The following stats are applicable here.
- trainer Derek Shaw for the last 30 days is 8/24 (33.33%) for 118.58pts
- jockey Martin Lane for the last 30 days is 7/23 (30.43%) for 30.43pts
- Hammer Gun’s sire, Smart Strike, with runners on the all weather is 13/48 (27.08%) 105.5pts
- With middle distance runners, Smart Strike is 16/73 (21.92%) for 2.63pts
- at this distance Hammer Gun is 2/4 (50%) for 7.25pts
- and on the all weather he is 4/6 (66.67%) for 108.75pts
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Hammer Gun @ 11/4 BOG which was available from Bet365 and Betvictor at 19:o5 on Thursday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats are to Betfair SP, as (i) I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you and (ii) although inferior to the BOG odds we secure, BFSP is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns quoted.