Monday’s Result :
2.00 Pontefract : Boundsy @ 7/2 BOG 2nd at 9/4 In touch on inside headway over 1f out, ridden to challenge and every chance inside final furlong, kept on, but beaten by a neck.
Tuesday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
No Such Number @ 4/1 BOG
This 9yr old gelding has won his last four contests, all under today’s jockey Dale Irving, all over fences going left handed on good ground wearing a tongue tie and cheek pieces, so despite another rise in the weights, conditions are well suited for him.
Male handicappers aged 5 to 10 running off a mark of 100 to 125 who won a novice chase last time out in the previous 45 days are 143/588 (24.3% SR) for 98.2pts (+16.7% ROI), including…
- those rated (OR) 109-121 are 85/325 (26.2%) for 87.4pts (+26.9%)
- over trips of 2.5m to 3m : 69/311 (22.2%) for 63.9pts (+20.5%)
- those who last ran 6 to 20 days earlier : 82/277 (29.6%) for 70.1pts (+25.3%)
- on Good ground : 55/210 (26.2%) for 60.6pts (+28.9%)
- in the May-July period : 43/134 (32.1%) for 91.6pts (+68.4%)
- and here at Stratford : 7/19 (36.8%) for 24.9pts (+131.2%)
And in addition to the above, since the start of 2013, trainer Maurice Barnes’ handicappers who won LTO are 13/50 (26% SR) for 52.8pts (+105.6% ROI), from which…
- chasers are 10/32 (31.3%) for 54.3pts (+169.8%)
- 8-11 yr olds are 9/30 (30%) for 57.7pts (+192.3%)
- those last seen 11-20 days ago are 9/26 (34.6%) for 36pts (+138.5%)
- at odds of 5/4 to 4/1 : 8/17 (47.1%) for 11pts (+64.5%)
- and those ridden by Dale Irving are 3/4 (75%) for 106.3pts (+265.8%)
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on No Such Number @ 4/1 BOG which was widely available at 6.20pm on Monday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!