Thursday’s Result :
Friday’s selection goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Cool Team @ 10/3 BOG
A Class 4, 3yo+ A/W handicap over 1m on polytrack…
…and a 3 yr old gelding in receipt of a handy 3lbs weight for age allowance as he bids to continue his fine form that has seen him make the frame in 6 of his 8 career starts to date.
He has run here once before, beaten by a neck and ahead into third place over this course and distance two starts ago before going on to win at Newcastle at this grade and trip next/last time out 21 days later/14 days ago.
His trainer Hugo Palmer is 18 from 111 (16.2% SR) for 22.7pts (+20.4% ROI) on the A/W here at Kempton since the start of 2014, with handicappers winning 8 of 41 (19.5%) for 12.5pts at an ROI of 30.6%.
It is those 8 handicap wins that are of most interest/relevance today and in respect of this evening’s contest, those 8 wins were achieved as follows…
- 7 came from the 23 (30.4%) priced at 9/4 to 7/1 for profits of 18.68pts (+81.2%)
- 6 came from the 25 (24%) running on standard to slow going for profits of 9.55pts (+38.2%)
- 6 came from the 27 (22.2%) male runners for profits of 7.55pts (+28%)
- 6 came from the 29 (20.7%) running within 30 days of their previous outing for profits of 11.88pts (+41%)
- 5 came from the 18 (27.8%) running at Class 4 for profits of 14.9pts (+82.7%)
- 5 came from the 24 (20.8%) 3 yr olds for profits of 5.34pts (+22.3%)
- 4 came from the 10 (40%) ridden by James Doyle for profits of 7.59pts (+75.9%)
…giving us… a 1pt win bet on Cool Team @ 10/3 BOG, which was offered by Betfair Sportsbook, BoyleSports, Paddy Power & SunBets at 6.40pm on Thursday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!