Tuesday’s Result :
12.50 Southwell : Get Rhythm @ 3/1 BOG 3rd at 11/4 Tracked leaders, led before 4th, ridden and headed 2 out, soon weakened.
Next up is Wednesday’s…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Tawseef @ 11/4 BOG
A Class 3, 3yo+ Handicap Hurdle over 2m 3f on Heavy ground worth £8,122 to the winner…
This 9 yr old gelding has finished 1123141 in his last seven outings and was a winner by some 13 lengths last time out, 25 days ago.
He’s trained by Donald McCain whose runners are 7/34 (20.6% SR) over the last 14 days and over the past week, they are 5/24 (20.8% SR), whilst since 2008, the yard is 54/257 (21% SR) for 65.2pts (+25.4% ROI) here at Haydock, including…
- males are 52/244 (21.3%) for 71.3pts (+29.2%)
- over trips of 1m6f to 2m4f : 41/170 (24.1%) for 57.5pts (+33.8%)
- over hurdles : 32/149 (21.5%) for 12.5pts (+8.4%)
- in handicaps : 21/148 (14.2%) for 36.4pts (+24.6%)
- on Soft or worse ground : 30/143 (21%) for 41.6pts (+29.1%)
- from October-January : 34/135 (25.2%) for 54.6pts (+40.5%)
- 21-45 days since last run : 36/132 (27.3%) for 96.9pts (+73.4%)
- at Class 3 : 12/60 (20%) for 9.3pts (+15.5%)
- and 9 yr olds are 4/16 (25%) for 21.7pts (+135.3%)
PLUS…since 2012 Donald McCain’s handicap hurdlers who won LTO 1-30 days earlier are 18/91 (19.8% SR) for 32.6pts (+35.9% ROI), including…
- males at 16/82 (19.5%) for 33.2pts (+40.5%)
- Class 3 = 5/21 (23.8%) for 21.2pts (+101.1%)
- and 21-25 days since last run = 7/18 (38.9%) for 36pts (+200%)
AND…more generally since 2012, 4-10 yr old males who won a handicap hurdle last time out by 5 to 15 lengths, 4-45 days earlier are 259/928 (27.9% SR) for 285.5pts (+30.8% ROI) with heavy ground runners winning 31 of 105 (29.5%) for 33.5pts (+31.9%)
..giving us… a 1pt win bet on Tawseef @ 11/4 BOG which was widely available at 6.10pm on Tuesday and to see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!