Wednesday’s Result :
3.30 Haydock : Tawseef @ 11/4 BOG 2nd at 7/1 Tracked leaders, went 2nd after 1st, challenged 5th, led after 7th, headed before 2 out, mistake last, rallied inside final 100 yards, went 2nd close home, but beaten by a length and a quarter.
Next up is Thursday’s…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Triopas @ 11/4 BOG
A Class 5, 3yo+ Handicap Hurdle over 2m7f on Good to Soft ground worth £3,249 to the winner…
And a 5 yr old gelding who arrives here in decent form having made the frame in each of his last three starts (313), typifying the kind of results trainer Tom Lacey has enjoyed himself of late, notching up 3 winners from 11 (27.3% SR) over the last fortnight with 2 winners from 8 over the past week.
Moreover, backing ALL Tom’s runners over the last two years has been a successful/profitable venture with 43 winners from 221 (19.5% SR) producing very healthy profits of 187.8pts (+85% ROI). And whilst this on its own would be enough for some people to follow him blindly, others might prefer a more detailed approach. So, of those 221 runners, the following are applicable today…
- males are 33/178 (18.5%) for 178.7pts (+100.4%)
- hurdlers are 32/141 (22.7%) for 158.1pts (+112.2%)
- during the October-January period : 26/114 (22.8%) for 186pts (+163.1%)
- at trips of 2m3f to 3m1.5f : 25/101 (24.8%) for 103.8pts (+102.8%)
- in handicaps : 20/86 (23.3%) for 53.8pts (+62.6%)
- 5 yr olds are 15/86 (17.4%) for 103.9pts (+120.8%)
- those finishing 2nd or 3rd LTO are 14/49 (28.6%) for 68pts (+138.8%)
- less than 3 weeks since their last run : 13/49 (26.5%) for 83pts (+169.3%)
- on Good to Soft ground : 7/45 (15.6%) for 66.4pts (+147.6%)
- and at Class 5 : 10/44 (22.7%) for 38.8pts (+88.1%)
And those are just 10 possible angles you could take from Tom Lacey’s runners, there are of course, many more…
…but that’s enough to support… a 1pt win bet on Triopas @ 11/4 BOG which was widely available at 5.45pm on Wednesday and to see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!