Wednesday’s Result :
1.05 Chepstow : Play The Ace @ 7/2 BOG non-runner Meeting abandoned – waterlogged.
Next up is Thursday’s…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Corazon Espinado @ 9/4 BOG
A Class 6, 2yo A/W Handicap (Nursery) over 7f on Polytrack worth £2,264 to the winner…
Well, on a fairly poor day of racing, I’m going to keep it fairly simple with a 2yr old colt who seemed to be getting the hang of things on his handicap debut last time out. That was here under today’s jockey (who claims 5lbs again) over course and distance three weeks ago when he was a half-length runner-up to one that got first run on him.
I’d expect him to come on for the experience and since that day, his trainer Simon Dow has had 4 winners and two more runners-up from just 11 runners, taking his 5-year record in A/W handicaps to 63/478 (13.2% SR) for 143.9pts (+30.1% ROI), including of note/relevance today…
- males @ 54/393 (13.7%) for 118.8pts (+30.2%)
- here at Lingfield : 28/218 (12.8%) for 24.4pts (+11.2%)
- 4-15 days since last run : 24/153 (15.7%) for 119.5pts (+78.1%)
- Class 6 : 18/135 (13.3%) for 29.7pts (+22%)
- over 7f : 16/111 (14.4%) for 64.6pts (+58.2%)
- December : 15/71 (21.1%) for 89.3pts (+125.8%)
- below 4/1 : 22/63 (34.9%) for 18.5pts (+29.4%)
- with a 5lb claimer on board : 6/51 (11.8%) for 50.6pts (+99.3%)
- runner-up LTO : 9/42 (21.4%) for 41.8pts (+99.4%)
- 2 yr olds : 4/25 916%) for 10.5pts (+42%)
- and on 2nd handicap run : 5/20 (25%) for 2.57pts (+12.8%)
…giving us… a 1pt win bet on Corazon Espinado @ 9/4 BOG which was available from half a dozen different firms at 5.45pm on Wednesday.To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!