Thursday’s Result :
1.30 Catterick : Workbench @ 7/2 BOG 4th at 13/2 Towards rear, effort before 3 out, never dangerous….
Next up is Friday’s…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Fly Home Harry @ 5/1 BOG
A Class 5, 5yo+ Handicap Chase over 2m7.5f on Soft ground worth £4,614 to the winner…
This 9 yr old gelding is 4 from 12 over fences so far, including…
- 4 wins and 2 places from 9 in fields of 5-10 runners
- 3 wins and a place from 5 at 3 miles
- 3 wins from 4 when rested for at least 2 weeks, but less than 8.
- 1 win, 1 place from 3 since moving to Charlie Longsdon’s yard
- 1 win, 1 place from 3 on soft ground
- 1 from 2 under today’s jockey Paul O’Brien
And over the last two years, Charlie Longsdon’s handicap chasers are 49 from 335 (14.6% SR) for 70.6pts (+21.1% ROI), from which…
- males : 45/298 (15.1%) for 63.9pts (+21.5%)
- 21-75 days since last run : 35/206 (16%) for 114pts (+55.3%)
- at 2m7.5f to 3m0.5f : 16/97 (16.5%) for 63.6pts (+65.6%)
- 9 yr olds are 8/43 (18.6%) for 11.2pts (+26%)
- ridden by Paul O’Brien : 5/17 (29.4%) for 19.9pts (+116.8%)
- when the jockey claimed 5lbs : 4/17 (23.5%) for 7.81pts (+45.9%)
- and here at Huntingdon : 3/9 (38.3%) for 7.92pts (+88%)
…giving us… a 1pt win bet on Fly Home Harry @ 5/1 BOG which was on offer with 10Bet, Betfair, Paddy Power, SkyBet & SportPesa at 5.35pm on Thursday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!