Wednesday’s Result :
5.10 Ludlow : War Creation @ 9/4 BOG PU at 9/2 In touch, weakened before 4 out, tailed off and pulled up before 3 out…
Next up is Thursday’s…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Roy’s Legacy @ 9/2 BOG
A Class 6, 5f apprentices’ handicap sprint on polytrack worth £3,429 to the winner…
This 9 year old was a winner over this 5f trip at Wolverhampton when last seen 10 days ago, taking his A/W record over the minimum distance to an impressive 15 wins from 61.
His trainer Shaun Harris does well here at Chelmsford, notching up 10 winners from 69 (14.5% SR) for 39.2pts (+56.8% ROI) profit, from which…
- handicappers are 10/66 (15.2%) for 42.2pts (+63.9%)
- those who have raced in the previous 30 days are 9/46 (19.6%) for 57pts (+124%)
- at Class 6 : 8/41 (19.5%) for 49.5pts (+120.7%)
- at odds of 5/2 to 12/1 : 9/34 (26.5%) for 46.72pts (+137.4%)
- over 5/6 furlongs : 6/34 (17.6%) for 29.56pts (+86.9%)
- at this 5f course and distance : 3/15 (20%) for 18.56pts (+123.7%)
- LTO winners are 4/8 (50%) for 32.3pts (+403.7%)
- and in apprentice races : 2/4 950%) for 10.73pts (+268.25%)
The above stat about LTO winners, albeit from a small sample size, doesn’t really surprise me, as more generally since 2013, Shaun’s LTO winners are 23/106 (21.7% SR) for 101pts profit at a very attractive ROI of some 95.3%! And in respect of this race, those 106 runners are…
- 23/103 (22.3%) for 104pts (+101%) in handicaps
- 23/97 (23.7%) for 110pts (+113.4%) within 30 days of that LTO win
- 18/51 (35.3%) for 104.1pts (+204.1%) at Class 6
- 10/47 (21.3%) for 35.5pts (+75.6%) on the A/W
- and 10/22 (45.5%) for 56.9pts (+258.6%) over a 5f trip.
…from which : Class 6 handicappers running within 30 days of an LTO win are 18/47 (38.3% SR) for 108.1pts (+230% ROI), including…
- on the A/W : 8/23 (34.8%) for 71.3pts (+297.1%)
- over 5f : 9/15 (60%) for 51.4pts (+342.6%)
- and over 5f on the A/W : 4/8 (50%) for 25.86pts (+323.3%)
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Roy’s Legacy @ 9/2 BOG which was widely available at 6.35pm on Wednesday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!