Wednesday’s Runner was…
6.55 Lingfield : My Target @ 6/1 BOG 5th at 9/2 (Mid-division on inside, headway chasing leaders over 1f out, weakened well inside final furlong)
Our next runner goes in Thursday’s…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Ode To Autumn @ 3/1 BOG
A 5-runner, Class 4, 1m A/W Handicap (3yo) on polytrack worth £7310 to the winner…
This 3 yr old gelding has won twice and made the fame a further three times from his six starts so far with finishes of 211 on the All-Weather, including 2 wins from 2 over the 1m trip, the most recent being an LTO success 69 days ago.
His trainer, John Gosden, is bang in form, as typified by…
- 18 winners from 50 (36% SR) in the last 30 days
- 13 from 37 (35.1%) over the last fortnight
- and 8 from 20 (40%) over the last week.
On top of this, Johnny’s LTO winners are 147/488 (30.1% SR) for 137pts (+28.1% ROI) since 2014, from which…
- April runners are 35/85 (41.2%) for 50pts (+58.8%)
- and Class 4 runners are 27/77 (35.1%) for 18.5pts (+24.1%)
Whilst in the same 2014-18 time frame, his runners returning from a break of more than 60 days are 134/487 (27.5% SR) for 87.9pts (+18.1% ROI), including of relevance today…
- LTO winners : 56/163 (34.4%) for 45.8pts (+28.1%)
- in April : 54/153 (35.3%) for 33pts (+21.6%)
- on Polytrack : 37/107 (34.6%) for 16.8pts (+15.7%)
- over a 1m trip : 32/104 (30.8%) for 75.7pts (+72.8%)
- at Class 4 : 32/104 (30.8%) for 45.8pts (+44%)
- and here at Chelmsford : 12/22 (54.6%) for 20.5pts (+93.1%)
And finally for now (!), it’s worth noting that this is Mr Gosden’s only runner here today and in fact his only runner anywhere all day, and when sending just one handicapper out to a meeting since 2013, he has come home with the prize money on 52 of 199 (26.1% SR) occasions rewarding followers with 47.4pts [profit at an ROI of 23.8%, from which…
- his only runner all day : 20/89 (22.5%) for 20.7pts (+23.3%)
- at Chelmsford : 4/12 933.3%) for 8pts (+66.7%)
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Ode To Autumn @ 3/1 BOG which was available from 10Bet, BetVictor, Betway, Coral & SportPesa at 5.50pm on Wednesday, whilst Bet365 were a shade better at 10/3 BOG. In fact 11/4 BOG was still widely available at 8.15am on Thursday, so we should all manage to get on. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!