Saturday’s Runner was…
8.05 Uttoxeter : Northandsouth @ 11/4 BOG 7th at 11/4 (Held up in rear, modest effort 3 out, no impression, well beaten 2 out)
We start the new week via Monday’s…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Liamba @ 3/1 BOG
A 9-runner, Class 6, 5f Handicap (3yo) on Good to Firm ground worth £3493 to the winner…
An unexposed three year old filly on handicap debut after steady progression in three outings so far, yet is dropped in class today.
Her trainer David O’Meara is no stranger to the winners’ enclosure here at Redcar either, clocking up 51 winners from 308 runners over the last six seasons with that 16.6% strike rate worth 55.9pts (+18.2% ROI) to his followers and whilst backing his runners blindly here is profitable, we can do better than 18% by eliminating some losing bets via the following logical filters…
- 2 to 4 yr olds are 42/232 (19.1%) for 80.4pts (+34.7%)
- those rated (OR) 50 to 90 are 44/231 (19.1%) for 76.2pts (+33%)
- those priced at 9/4 to 12/1 are 44/216 (20.4%) for 100.6pts (+46.6%)
- handicappers are 38/207 (18.4%) for 60.4pts (+29.2%)
- those ridden by Danny Tudhope are 28/114 (24.6%) for 54.7pts (+81.2%)
- those last seen 4 to 15 days ago are 21/103 (20.4%) for 61.75pts (+60%)
- Class 6 runners are 20/90 (22.2%) for 37.6 pts (+41.8%)
- females are 13/79 (16.5%) for 66.3pts (+84%)
- in May : 14/74 (18.9%) for 15.8pts (+21.4%)
- last season : 12/60 (20%) for 34pts (+56.7%)
- in 3yo races : 10/54 (18.5%) for 13.7pts (+25.3%)
- and over this 5f course and distance : 8/44 (18.2%) for 18.6pts (+42.3%)
from which…2-4 yr old handicappers rated 50 to 90 and priced at 9/4 to 12/1 are 27/108 (25% SR) for 103.1pts (+95.5% ROI) with a 7/21 (33.3%) for 29.8pts (+141.8%) record last year.
And despite David not having any of 11 handicap debutants win so far this Flat season, he’s certainly due one and it wouldn’t be unusual for that to happen as over the last five Flat seasons, his runners are 31/208 (14.9% SR) for 90.8pts (+43.7% ROI) on handicap debut, including of relevance today…
- those ridden by Danny Tudhope : 19/90 (21.1%) for 79.3pts (+88.1%)
- at Class 6 : 11/63 (17.5%) for 36.5pts (+57.9%)
- in May : 11/45 (24.4%) for 74.4pts (+165.3%)
- and here at Redcar : 3/15 (20%) for 1.65pts (+11%)
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Liamba @ 3/1 BOG which was available from BetVictor, Paddy Power & Bet365 and Unibet at 6.45pm on Sunday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!