Tuesday’s Pick was…
2.15 Brighton : Strictly Carter @ 5/1 BOG 3rd at 7/2 (Close up, ridden and headway over 1f out, soon every chance, one pace final furlong)
Next up is Wednesday’s…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Get Ready Freddy @ 4/1 BOG
An 11-runner, Class 4, Handicap Chase for 5yo+ over 2m½f on Good ground worth £4614 to the winner…
Well, we have an 8 yr old gelding with 3 wins and a place from his seven previous attempts over the larger obstacles, including…
- 3 wins & a place from 6 at trips of 2m to 2m1f
- 3 wins & a place from 5 in handicaps
- 2 wins & a place from 4 for trainer Dan Skelton
- 2 wins & a place from 4 for jockey Harry Skelton
- 2 wins & a place from 4 wearing a tongue tie
- 1 from 2 here at Worcester
- 1 from 2 over course and distance
The yard is in decent form too with 18 winners from 67 (26.9% SR) over the last 30 days returning level stakes profits of 9.42pts at an ROI of 14.1%, from which…
- Harry has ridden 17 winners from 59 (28.8%) for 4.54pts (+7.7%)
- handicappers are 14/52 (26.9%) for 14.8pts (+28.5%)
- chasers are 8/23 (34.8%) for 4.63pts (+20.1%)
- and Harry is 7/21 (33.3%) for 5.3pts (+25.2%) on handicap chasers
…whilst more long-term, since the start of 2015 Dan Skelton’s chasers are 9 from 34 (26.5% SR) for 25.4pts (+74.8% ROI) here at Worcester and these include of relevance today…
- 7 winners from 29 (24.1%) for 25pts (+86.2%) with Harry in the saddle
- 4 from 17 (23.5%) for 18.7pts (+109.7%) at Class 4
- and 5 from 12 (41.7%) for 11.5pts (+95.9%) over this course and distance…
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Get Ready Freddy @ 4/1 BOG, which was available from Betfair & Paddy Power at 5.40pm on Tuesday evening. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!