Wednesday’s Pick was…
2.20 Worcester : Get Ready Freddy @ 4/1 BOG 6th at 9/2 (Behind, blundered 2nd, headway 4 out, chased leaders after next, soon no impression)
Next up is Thursday’s…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Hyanna @ 5/1 BOG
An 8-runner, Class 5 Flat Handicap for 3yo+ over 1m4f on Good to Firm ground worth £4528 to the winner…
This 3 yr old filly was a creditable runner-up when last seen 13 days ago on her yard debut in a Class 4 contest on similarly good to firm ground as she’ll face today. She was only beaten by a couple of lengths whilst looking like she needed more of a stamina test than 1m2f, so hopefully today’s extra quarter mile allied to a drop in class will make all the difference.
She’s now trained by Eve Johnson Houghton, who since the start of the 2013 campaign is 75 from 499 (15% SR) for 176.3pts (+35.3% ROI) with 3/4 yr olds racing over 6f to 1m4f in Flat handicaps, including…
- 25 from 185 (13.5%) for 92.2pts (+49.9%) from her females
- 9 from 40 (22.5%) for 51.5pts (+128.7%) for today’s jockey Ed Greatrex
- and 2 from 8 (25%) for 21.2pts (+265.2%) here on the July course
In addition to the above data, Eve’s handicappers dropping down in class are 53/399 (13.3% SR) for 221.8pts (+55.6% ROI) since the start of 2010, including of relevance today…
- on the Flat : 36/269 (13.4%) for 161.4pts (+60%)
- 4-30 days since last run : 44/266 (16.5%) for 224.8pts (+84.5%)
- 3 yr olds are 27/186 (14.5%) for 206.6pts (+111.1%)
- those who raced over 1m2f LTO are 6/43 (14%) for 77.6pts (+180.4%)
- those now racing over 1m4f are 4/24 916.6%) for 28.4pts (+118.1%)
…whilst 3yr olds on the Flat 11-30 days since last run are 10/73 (13.7% SR) for 101pts (+138.4% ROI)…
And finally for today, it’s worth noting that Eve’s 3 yr olds running in 3yo+ Flat handicaps are 21 from 110 (19.1% SR) for 87.6pts (+79.6% ROI) since the start of the 2013 season, from which…
- those last seen 6-45 days ago are 20/92 921.7%) for 94.6pts (+102.9%)
- females are 10/49 (20.4%) for 60.3pts (+123.1%)
- at Class 5 : 9/46 (19.6%) for 15.35pts (+33.4%)
- those carrying 8-06 to 8-12 are 8/31 (25.8%) for 49.6pts (+159.9%)
- on Good to Firm : 9/26 (34.6%) for 50.9pts (+195.6%)
- and here on the July course : 1/2 (50%) for 3.74pts (+187%)
…whilst females racing in Class 4 to 6 contests 6 to 45 days since their last run are 10/37 (27% SR) for 72.3pts (+195.5% ROI) with a good to firm gorund record of 5 from 9 (55.6%) and 43.08pts (+478.7%) profit…
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Hyanna @ 5/1 BOG, which was available from Betfair, Bet365, SportPesa & Paddy Power at 5.25pm on Wednesday evening. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!