Thursday’s Pick was…
8.10 Epsom : Related @ 7/2 BOG 4th at 10/3 (In rear, outpaced over 3f out, ridden and kept on inside final furlong, took 4th near finish, never nearer)
Friday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Wissahickon @ 11/4 BOG
In a 9-runner, Class 2, Flat Handicap for 3yo over 1m2f on Good To Firm ground worth £49800 to the winner…
Just the fifth career start for this potentially very smart 3 yr old Colt who has 3 wins and a runner-up finish so far from his four previous outings. He made his turf debut LTO 13 days ago, winning a similar Class 2 contest on Good to Firm ground over slightly further than today at York and I was waiting for him to reappear today : the fact that Frankie Dettori now jumps on board is an added bonus.
He’s trained by John Gosden whose record on the July track is impressive with 54 winners from 270 (20% SR) for 130.5pts (+48.3% ROI) profit since the start of the 2012 season, from which…
- 3 yr olds are 30/141 (21.3%) for 44.5pts (+31.6%)
- on Good to Firm ground : 28/128 (21.9%) for 79.7pts (+62.3%)
- in 3yo only races : 18/96 (18.8%) for 32.4pts (+33.7%)
- at Class 2 : 8/32 (25%) for 24.6pts (+76.8%)
- tilting at prizes worth £25k to £50k : 7/21 (33,3%) for 45pts (+214.3%)
- and with horses rated (OR) in the narrow 99-104 banding : 7/12 (58.3%) for 13.3pts (+110.9%)
And more generally away from this particular track, Mr Gosden’s Flat (turf) runners who were LTO winners have gone on to win again on 144 of 470 (30.6% SR) occasions since the start of the 2014 season, clocking up profits of 156.4pts (+33.3% ROI) for those backing all of them. Those not wishing to blanket bet them might prefer one or more of the following angles…
- on Good to Firm ground : 51/162 (31.5%) for 61.6pts (+38%)
- ridden by Frankie Dettori : 57/149 (38.3%) for 51.5pts (+34.6%)
- competing for a prize worth £30k to £100k : 39/126 (31%) for 118.7pts (+94.2%)
- over trips of 9 to 10.5 furlongs : 50/125 (40%) for 59.6pts (+47.7%)
- racing after a break of less than 3 weeks : 33/120 (27.5%) for 60.5pts (+50.4%)
- and in July : 18/49 936.7%) for 61.5pts (+38.6%)
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Wissahickon @ 11/4 BOG, a price available from Betfair, Betfred, Paddy Power & Totesport at 5.10pm on Thursday with plenty of 5/2 BOG available elsewhere. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!