Wednesday’s Pick was…
2.25 York : Persian Moon @ 5/1 BOG 3rd at 10/3 (Tracked leader, raced keenly, led over 2f out, hung left under pressure inside final furlong, headed closing stages, no extra)
Thursday’s pick goes in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Coronet @ 6/1 BOG
In an 8-runner, Group 1 contest for Fillies and Mares (Darley Yorkshire Oaks) for 3yo+ over 1m4f on Good To Firm ground worth £198485 to the winner…
Yes, I know that there’s a well fancied short priced favourite here, but I do like the chances of this older horse to upset the odds at a nice price. Like last year’s winner Enable, who she was the runner-up to, she has come here from the King George at Ascot and her career stats include…
- 3 wins from 4 under Frankie Dettori
- 2 wins from 4 on good to firm
- a win and that runner-up finish last year from 2 runs here at York
- and she’s got winning form over this trip
Like last year’s winner, she is trained by John Gosden (who by default therefore had the 1-2 in this race last time with Frankie riding the winner) and John’s horses have been running well for a while now, including…
- over the last 30 days : 19 from 63 (30.2% SR)
- over the past fortnight : 10/28 (35.7%)
- and during the last week : 5/15 (33.3%)
More generally over the last seven (including this one) seasons, Mr Gosden’s runners are 25 from 106 (23.6% SR) for 12.9pts (+12.1% ROI) on this track, including of relevance today…
- at odds of 15/8 to 9/1 : 19/74 (25.7%) for 35pts (+47.3%)
- at Class 1 : 18/72 (25%) for 8.02pts (+11.1%)
- over trips of 10.5 to 12 furlongs : 19/58 (32.8%) for 35.6pts (+61.4%)
- females are 12/38 (31.6%) for 6.05pts (+15.9%)
- in female only races : 12/33 (36.4%) for 11.05pts (+33.5%)
- on Good to Firm : 9/32 (28.1%) for 17.2pts (+53.7%)
- those ridden by Frankie Dettori are 10/30 (33.3%) for 11.1pts (+37.1%)
- 4 yr olds are 8/30 (26.7%) for 6.68pts (+22.3%)
- over 1m4f : 6/22 (27.3%) for 14.1pts (+63.9%)
And prior to the start of this year’s Festival, Frankie’s record over the previous three Ebor meetings in Class 1 non-handicap races stood at 6 wins from 26 (23.1% SR) for 10.93pts profit at an ROI of 42.1%, including 3 wins from 11 (27.3%) for 2.01pts (+18.3%) on those trained by John Gosden…
…giving us…a 1pt win bet on Coronet @ 6/1 BOG, a price offered by most firms (as at 5.50pm on Wednesday). To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!