Friday’s Pick was…
6.45 Wolverhampton : Summer Icon @ 11/4 BOG 4th at 9/2 (Tracked leaders, unable to quicken over 1f out, kept on same pace towards finish)
Saturday’s pick runs in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Gifted Master @ 5/2 BOG
…in a 12-runner Listed Race for 3yo+ over 6f on Polytrack worth £20983 to the winner…
This 5yr old gelding initially caught my eye, as it featured on the Shortlist report, so I did a little bit of digging and found that he is…
- 8 from 14 over the 6f trip
- 5 from 11 in blinkers
- 5 from 9 at odds of 13/8 to 4/1
- 3 from 5 in October/November
- 2 from 4 in Listed company
- 2 from 4 ridden by James Doyle
- and 1 from 2 over course and distance after he won this very race last year.
He won the race last year, when carrying 9-6 under James Doyle and James rides again, but the horse carries 3lbs less.
Trainer Hugo Palmer’s record in Listed races since the start of 2013 stands at 15 wins from 119 (12.6% SR) for 31.3pts (+26.3% ROI), including…
- 3 to 5 yr olds at 14/94 (14.9%) for 54.3pts (+57.8%)
- in fields of 8-13 runners : 12/77 (15.6%) for 63pts (+81.8%)
- ridden by James Doyle : 4/19 (21.1%) for 10.7pts (+56.3%)
Gifted Master now returns to action after a 12-week break, but I’m not over concerned about his lack of recent action, because Hugo Palmer’s horses running after a break to 2 to 5 months are 27/97 (27.8% SR) for 97.9pts (+101% ROI) since the start of 2012, from which the following are relevant today…
- Sub-10/1 shots are 26/71 (36.6%) for 80.2pts (+113%)
- males are 22/60 (36.7%) for 105.7pts (+176.1%)
- those rated (OR) 80 and above are 15/48 (31.3%) for 51.4pts (+107.1%)
- in non-handicaps : 12/43 (27.9%) for 47.3pts (+109.9%)
- on the A/W : 14/36 (38.9%) for 93pts (+258.4%)
- ridden by James Doyle : 10/21 (47.6%) for 28.3pts (+134.9%)
- and here at Lingfield : 4/11 (36.4%) for 54.5pts (+495.4%)
…whilst sub 10/1 males rated 80 and above are 14 from 28 (50% SR) for 66.2pts (+236.5% ROI)…
…giving us… a 1pt win bet on Gifted Master @ 5/2 BOG , a price widely available at 6.20pm on Friday evening, although Hills were offering another quarter point for those able to get on. To see what your preferred bookie is quoting…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!