Friday’s Pick was…
1.10 Uttoxeter : Deebaj @ 11/4 BOG 3rd at 9/4 (Held up towards rear on outside, not fluent 8th and pushed along, headway before 3 out, close 3rd when mistake last, stayed on, but beaten by a neck and a nose)
Satruday’s pick runs in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Ontopoftheworld @ 7/1 BOG
…in a 9-runner, Class 3, Handicap Chase for 4yo+ over 1m7½f on Soft ground worth £9747 to the winner…
This 9 yr old gelding has been in sparkling form this year, achieving a top 3 finish in each of his last seven runs, including four wins!
He’s by Desert King, whose NH runners are 13 from 52 (25% SR) for 22.4pts (+43% ROI) over trips of 2m1f and shorter since the start of 2017.
And he’s trained by Peter Bowen, whose chasers are 88 from 408 (21.6% SR) for 125.6pts (+30.8% ROI) backed blindly since the start of 2016, which is a remarkable record and includes of relevance here…
- males : 83/386 (21.5%) for 125.3pts (+32.5%)
- at 9/4 to 10/1 : 64/262 (24.4%) for 167.3pts (+63.9%)
- males at 9/4 to 10/1 : 62/250 (25%) for 163.2pts (65.3%)
- 11-20 dslr : 38/112 (33.9%) for 116pts (+103.6%)
- males at 9/4 to 10/1 at 11-20 dslr : 27/67 (40.3%) for 85.05pts (+126.9%)
- on Soft : 18/80 (22.5%) for 14.7pts (+18.4%)
- males at 9/4 to 10/1 on Soft : 11/41 (26.8%) for 33.6pts (+81.9%)
- and males at 9/4 to 10/1 on Soft at 11-20 dslr : 4/10 (40%) for 8.97pts (+89.7%)
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!