Tuesday’s Pick was…
2.00 Ayr : Instingtive @ 9/2 BOG 3rd at 5/1 (Chased leaders, not fluent and lost place 4th, given reminders and soon closed back up, not fluent 7th, led 9th, headed 4 out, lost 2nd after 2 out and well beaten 3rd last)
Wednesday’s pick runs in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Magic Mirror @ 7/2 BOG
…in a 12-runner, Class 5, 4yo+ A/W Handicap over 1m3f on polytrack worth £3752 to the winner…
We’ve got an in-form 6 yr old mare who’s well drawn and comes here off the back of an LTO win at this very track 5 weeks ago. In all honestly, she really needed the line to come that day over 1m4f, so a slight drop back in trip might not be a bad thing.
To date she has 6 wins and 5 places from her 19 handicap visits to this track, including…
- 6/18 (33.3%) for 155.6pts (+864.3%) in fields of 7 or more runners
- 6/15 (40%) for 158.6pts (+1057.1%) when aiming for a prize of £4,000 or less
- 6/11 (54.6%) for 162.6pts (+1477.9%) in the October-March half of the year
- 4/11 (36.4%) for 9.34pts (+84.9%) in cheekpieces
- and 4 from 6 (66.6%) for 14.34pts (+239%) when all four above conditions have been in place, as they are today.
Magic Mirror is trainer Mark Rimell’s only runner anywhere today and over the last five years, when his only runner of the day was running on the A/W, he has landed the spoils on 8 of 47 (17% SR) occasions at an A/E of 1.59 and generating level stakes profits of 145.7pts at an ROI of 310% along the way.
With this contest in mind, those 47 runners are…
- 8/45 (17.8%) for 147.7pts (+328.2%) in handicaps
- 8/43 (18.6%) for 149.7pts (+348.1%) for prizes of less than £4,000
- 8/34 (23.5%) for 158.7pts (+466.7%) from September to March
- 7/30 (23.3%) for 153.7pts (+512.3%) at 6-35 dslr
- 6/30 (20%) for 143.6pts (+478.6%) from females
- 7/25 (28%) for 158.6pts (+634.4%) here at Kempton
- 7/21 (33.3%) for 27.5pts (+130.8%) at odds of 8/1 or shorter
- 5/15 (33.3%) for 20.63pts (+137.5%) after a top 3 finish LTO
- 4/14 (28.6%) for 6.34pts (+45.3%) in cheekpieces
- and 2/7 (28.6%) for 4.7pts (+67.1%) as LTO winners
…whilst from the above… A/W hcps at Kempton for less than £4k in Sept-March at 8/1 or shorter within 5 weeks of their last run = 5 from 8 (62.5% SR) for 22.4pts (+279.6% ROI)…
…giving us a 1pt win bet on Magic Mirror @ 7/2 BOG as was available from pretty much everywhere at 6.20pm on Tuesday evening. To see what your preferred bookie is quoting…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!