Saturday’s pick was…
2.25 Uttoxeter : Captain Cattistock @ 7/2 BOG 3rd at 5/2 (Led until not fluent 13th, led next, blundered and headed 4 out, wandering after 2 out, no impression on winner last, lost 2nd towards finish)
Monday’s pick runs in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Darlyn @ 7/2 BOG
…in a 9-runner, Class 4, Handicap Hurdle for 4yo+ over 1m7½f on Soft worth £4094 to the winner…
This 6yr old mare has finished 114 in her last three runs over the space of 65 days, but heads here having been rested for the last 8 weeks. The middle run of that sequence was her only previous visit to this track, resulting in a Class 3 course and distance success under today’s jockey James Davies, so conditions shouldn’t be totally alien to her.
Trainer Henry Oliver’s horse have won 7 of 35 (20% SR) for 7.7pts (+22% ROI) in the past 30 days, so they’re in good nick and those numbers include…
- 5/28 (17.9%) for 12.23pts (+43.7%) in handicaps
- 4/19 (21.1%) for 17.03pts (+89.7%) over hurdles
- 6/16 (37.5%) for 1.95pts (+12.2%) at odds of 4/1 and shorter
- and 2/8 (25%) for 19.79pts (+247.4%) on soft/heavy ground
Overall, Henry’s record here at Southwell in handicap hurdle contests stands at 5 wins from 16 (31.25% SR) for 2.9pts (+18.1% ROI), from which…
- 5-6 yr olds are 4/9 (44.4%) for 8.65pts (+95%)
- those racing at 1m7.5f/2m are also 4/9 (44.4%) for 8.65pts (+95%)
- Class 4 runners are 3/9 (33.3%) for 3.98pts (+44.2%)
- those ridden by James Davies are 2/6 (33.3%) for 1.04pts (+17.4%)
- and those sent off at odds of 6/4 to 11/2 are an impressive 4 from 4 (100%) for 13.66pts (+341.5%)
More generally, Henry’s record in handicap hurdle races on soft or worse ground stands at 31/109 (28.4% SR) for 63.7pts (+58.4% ROI) since 2014 with those racing over trips shorter than 2m3f winning 21 of 62 (33.9%) for 28.7pts (+46.2%), whilst previous course and distance winners are 3 from 4 (75%) for 7.56pts (+188.9%).
And since 2013, the yard’s record in NH handicaps from horses with just one run in the previous 90 days is 30 from 146 (20.6% SR) for 49.6pts (+34% ROI), including…
- 4-8 yr olds : 27/121 (22.3%) for 60.2pts (+49.7%)
- at trips shorter than 2m5f : 28/112 (25%) for 74.7pts (+66.7%)
- those unplaced LTO are 22/110 (20%) for 56.9pts (+51.7%)
- at Class 4 : 18/65 (27.7%) for 50.5pts (+77.8%)
- on Soft ground : 10/44 (22.7%) for 16.2pts (+36.9%)
- females : 9/16 (31.6%) for 25.8pts (+135.5%)
…from which…4-8 yr olds at trips shorter than 2m5f and were unplaced LTO = 20/74 (27%) for 83pts (+112.2% ROI)
And finally, back to the horse herself : she’s by Authorized, whose 4-6 yr old offspring are 17/86 (19.8% SR) for 23.3pts (+27.1% ROI) in UK handicap hurdle races on soft ground or worse since 2014, with those sent off shorter than 9/1 winning 15 of 53 (28.3% SR) for 24.4pts (+46.1% ROI)…
…giving us… a 1pt win bet on Darlyn @ 7/2 BOG which was widely available at 6.25pm on Sunday evening. To see what your preferred bookie is quoting…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!