Monday’s pick was…
8.40 Ripon : Fairy Fast @ 5/1 BOG 13th at 7/2 (Held up towards rear, took keen hold, headway and hung right over 2f out, weakened over 1f out)
Tuesday’s pick runs in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day’s race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Poet’s Pride @ 5/1 BOG
…in a 12-runner, Class 5, A/W Handicap for 3yo+ over 7f on Tapeta worth £3429 to the winner…
This 4 yr old gelding has won two of his last four starts, including a course and distance success last time out 15 days ago when ridden by today’s jockey, Robert Winston for the first time, taking this horses’ record on the A/W to 2 wins and a place from 5 runs, including…
- 2 wins and a place from 4 as a 4 yr old
- 2 wins and a place from 4 going left handed
- 2 wins and a place from 3 on tapeta
- 2 from 3 on Standard going
- 2 from 2 here at Wolverhampton
- a win and a place from two efforts at Class 5
- 1 from 2 over a 7f trip
- 1 from 1 over course and distance (LTO)
- and 1 from 1 under Robert Winston (LTO)
Robert also comes here in good form, having ridden 8 winners from 33 (24.2% SR) for 49.9pts (+151.2% ROI) over the last 30 days, including three wins from three (100%) for 9.82pts (+327.4%) here at Wolverhampton, where over the last 8 months, he is 8/44 (18.2%) for 8.3pts (+18.8%) including 4 wins from 6 (66.6%) for 19.06pts (+317.7%) over this 7f course and distance.
And finally for today, our trainer is David Barron and his runners are 19/95 (20% SR) for 65.9pts (+69.4% ROI) here at Wolverhampton since the start of 2016 and these include of relevance today…
- 15/69 (21.7%) for 67.7pts (+98%) from male runners
- 14/76 (18.4%) for 64.9pts (+85.5%) in fields of 8-13 runners
- 7/25 (28%) for 38.8pts (+155.2%) over this 7f C&D
- 6/29 (20.7%) for 31.6pts (+108.9%) at Class 5
- and 6/30 (20%) for 9.98pts (+33.3%) from those racing within 15 days of their last run…
…giving us… a 1pt win bet on Poet’s Pride @ 5/1 BOG as offered by BetVictor & Hills at 5.15pm on Monday. To see what your preferred bookie is quoting…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!