Thursday’s pick was…
4.50 Southwell : Bolt N Brown @ 11/4 BOG 4th at 3/1 (Led, headed over 2f out, no extra)
Friday’s pick runs in the…
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I’ll identify and share the selection between 8.00am and 8.15am and I then add a more detailed write-up later within an hour or so of going “live”.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can’t give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Bell Heather @ 5/1 BOG
…in an 9-runner, Class 6, A/W Handicap for 4yo+ over 1m1½f on tapeta worth £2,782 to the winner…
This 7 yr old mare broke a losing run when successful here at this track four weeks ago under today’s jockey Barry McHugh who is 5 from 25 (20% SR) for 101.4pts (+405.6% ROI) in the last 30 days, including…
- 5/23 (21.7%) for 103.4pts (+449.4%) in races worth £2.5-4k
- 5/19 (26.3%) for 107.4pts (+565.1%) in fields of 7-11 runners
- 4/20 (20%) for 15.3pts (+76.5%) in handicaps
- 4/14 (28.6%) for 21.3pts (+151.9%) at odds of 2/1 to 10/1
- 4/14 (28.6%) for 108.9pts (+777.9%) on tapeta
- 3/14 (21.4%) for 17.8pts (+127.2%) at Class 6
- 3/8 (37.5%) for 23.8pts (+297.6%) on 7-9 yr olds
- 2/9 (22.2%) for 92.1pts (+1023.6%) on female runners
…and at £2.5-4k + 9-11 runners + hcps + 2/1 to 10/1 + Tapeta + Class 6 + 7-9 yr olds = 3/4 (75% SR) for 27.8pts (+695.1%)
That’s over the past month, of course, but if we extend our date range, we see that Barry is 7 from 29 (24.1% SR) for 71pts (+244.8% ROI) here at Wolverhampton over the last six months, including…
- 6/22 (27.3%) for 75.9pts (+344.9%) for prizes of less than £4,000
- 5/20 (25%) for 67.1pts (+335.5%) in handicaps
- 5/10 (50%) for 72.32pts (+723.2%) in fields of 8-10 runners
- 4/14 (28.6%) for 11.05pts (+78.9%) at Evens to 8/1
- 3/12 (25%) for 23.8pts (+198.1%) at Class 6
- 3/12 (25%) for 10.95pts (+91.25%) on females
- and 2/5 (40%) for 53.9pts (+1078%) over today’s course and distance…
…and he now rides a mare, who herself is 5 from 17 (29.4% SR) for 46.3pts (+272.2% ROI) in handicaps here at Wolverhampton and these include of relevance/note today…
- 5/16 (31.25%) for 47.3pts (+295.5%) in races worth less than £4,000
- 5/8 (62.5%) for 55.3pts (+691.3%) off a mark (OR) of 55-62
- 4/11 (36.4%) for 33.2pts (+302.1%) carrying 9st 4lbs to 9st 7lbs
- 4/10 (40%) for 34.22pts (+342.2%) at Class 6
- 3/11 (27.3%) for 29.8pts (+270.7%) at 8.5 to 9.5 furlongs
- 3/10 (30%) for 32.98pts (+329.8%) at 16-36 days since last run
- 3/8 (37.5%) for 35pts (+437.3%) during January to March
- and 2/6 (33.3%) for 23.1pts (+384.6%) in cheekpieces
…whilst at £0-4k + OR 55-62 + 9-04 to 9-07 + C6 + less than 30dslr, she is 3 from 4 (75% SR) for 27.8pts (+693.9% ROI) on this track, including 2/3 at 8.5-9.5f, 2/2 in Jan/Feb, 1/2 in cheekpieces and also includes her last run/win…
…giving us...a 1pt win bet on Bell Heather @ 5/1 BOG as was widely available at 8.25am Thursday, but as always please check your BOG status. To see what your preferred bookie is quoting…
Don’t forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that’s unclear, please ask!
P.P.S. I’ve a doctor’s appointment at 8.00am Friday, so the selection will appear when I get back.